Sunday, December 24, 2006

Holiday Time

I bumped into a friend of mine yesterday at Sage - she also has a new baby; 5 months. After asking if we had bought Attie any presents for Christmas (we haven't), she went on to tell me she had actually been getting shit from acquaintances because she hadn't either. Strange. As far as a new baby cares, his hands and feet are more of a toy than anything I could buy him (seeing as he is unaware that his hands and feet are actually attached, he could probably give a crap about holiday gifts).

Some of the things that people with no children say or do to those with children are amazingly shortsighted...and I can say this knowing that not even four months ago - I am positive I made some of the same comments myself. There are times I wish I could go back and just kick myself.

I am counting down the days until my new position starts in January - it will be so nice to be around people again. It's crazy how much I miss interacting with others, being apart of the community and conversation - any conversation at this point. I absolutely took it for granted before.

Christmas is tomorrow. For someone who said she has no money for gifts - I certainly had a ton to wrap in preparation for tomorrow. Happens every year.

Speaking of the holidays - there is nothing like a long nap on the couch during the long weekend. We have learned thru trial and error that the best way to get Attie to doze off (espeically if he is overdue for a nap) is to swaddle him like a mummy - works almost every time.

No comments: