Monday, December 18, 2006

Snooze, snooze, snooze

Maggi Here.

With Attie's not-quite-awake-not-quite-asleep-fussing last night - both Dwight and I didn't really get much sleep. Seems like the best sleep of a restless night is around the time the alarm goes off. After hitting snooze, snooze, snooze - we are both up late leaving 20 minutes to get Attie fed, changed and ready for Pen Bay. Needless to say, I was 1/2 hour late to work. Even tho I really don't need to be here at any specific time (somewhere between 8 and 9 is fine) I still felt I needed to take off in the Fit without fully defrosting the windows. It is around a half a block from home when I usually realize that looking thru a quarter-sized peephole is not the safest way to drive to work - my ego will not allow me to pull over to let the windows unfreeze - and I find it necessary to use copious amounts of windshield wiper fluid to keep the windshield from freezing back over into a frosty mess.

I only have 11 days left here in Union making it very hard to want to work on any new projects. There are a handful of things I know I need to get done - somehow, none seem very appealing. Instead I find myself surfing around online or catching up on emails. I have found that i find some of the greatest links when procrastinating during the day - especially design links. Most are tools that I promise myself I will use when working on freelance - but promptly forget the minute I get home. To help stop this, I am going to start cataloging my bookmarks online with del.icio.us at work so I can find them. (my user name is magpie0816)

In the past the thing with blogging that gets me is the fact that I always have so many ideas for blogs during the day - but either can never remember them later OR feel like I have blogged too much with too many entries for one day (makes it seem I have no life). So instead of blogging on every little thing I think of, I will just have a little topic list at the end of the entry so I can both remember what i wanted to talk about (for future entries) and not bore the crap out of everyone. Deal?

Topics: Pumping, lunch at work, friends having babies, Portland condos, instant coffee

No comments: